Headphones, HD mode and full screen highly recommended.
VERSION WITH SPANISH SUBTITLES. Headphones, HD mode and full screen highly recommended.
2019. 20 minutes.
In 1972 the astronaut Charles Duke landed on the Moon on the Apollo XVI. He was in charge of taking photos of the lunar surface with a high-resolution camera.
Questioning the veracity of photographic documentation through its narrative The Sasha is an inquiry about the human perspective on Earth and our constant struggle with our temporal and spatial limitations. From the exploration of space to cyberspace, from an analogue Moon in 1972 to a virtual Moon in Google Earth today. A story about parallel universes where eternity seems to be lost between frames and interfaces.
Awards and nominations:
Tigger Award Competition (International Film Festival Rotterdam IFFR)
RADAR Jury Award ( Curtocircuito International Film Festival)
Scientist Award (Imagine Science Film Festival. New York)
Special Jury Mention ABYCINE
Nominated to Lichter Art Award (Germany)
Nominated to Best nonfiction short film. Andalusian Cinema Awards.
Festivals and exhibitions:
– International Film Festival Rotterdam (Tigger Wards Competition)
– BFI London Film Festival (Create Competition)
– Indie Lisboa (International Competition)
– Rencontres Internationales Paris/Berlin
– Taiwan International Documentary Festival TIDF
– BELDOCS International Documentary Film Festival (Belgrade, Serbia)
– Goshorts (Dutch Competition)
– Oberhausen Film Festival
– VIS Vienna Shorts
– La Roche-sur-Yon International Film Festival (Nouvel Vague Competition)
– European Film Festival Sevilla (Panorama competition)
– London Science Museum
– Washignton National Gallery
– LOOP BARCELONA
– EXIS Festival (Seoul)
– Curtocircuito International Film Festival
– International Independent Film Festival de Mar de la Plata. Festifreak
– Imagine. Science Film Festival. New York
– AFO Academia Film Olomouc. Czech Republic
– Beijing International Short Film Festival
– XV Panorama Internacional Coisa de Cinema.
– Inscience Film Festival
– Istambul Experimenta Film Festival
– Bogoshort International Short film Festival Bogota.
– Hyperlinks Film Festival (Sydney)
– Abycine Film Festival
– EYE FILM Museum
– LIMA Collection
– Into the Great Wide Open Festival (Session curated by IFFR)
– Fly me to the Moon. Exhibition for the 50th aniversary of the Man on the Moon (Hague)
– Kriterion Cinema (Amsterdam). Screening as part of the dutch premier of the documentary Apollo 11.
Website by MARÍA MOLINA PEIRÓ